Use of Personal Information
Greater Edmonton Foundation (GEF Seniors’ Housing or “GEF”) recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of our residents, the public and our stakeholders. GEF adheres to the terms of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
GEF is committed to ensuring proper collection, use, storage, disclosure and destruction of all personal information.
GEF only collects personal information that relates directly to and is necessary for one or more of its operating programs or activities. Personal information collected by GEF is used only for the purposes for which it was collected, or a similar purpose. GEF will obtain written consent to use personal information for any other purpose.
GEF does not collect any personal information from a visitor to the website the visitor chooses to provide such information to us. GEF does not sell personal information to other individuals or organizations.
GEF is committed to maintaining the accuracy and security of records and upon request will provide you access to your own personal information according to FOIP requirements. GEF will also inform you whether your personal information has been disclosed to any authorized third parties.
Requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
GEF would like to publicly acknowledge and thank our donors. However, if a donor requests anonymity, GEF will respect the privacy of that donor. Please indicate a request for anonymity on the donation form or discuss the request for anonymity with the Communications Department at email@example.com
GEF’s website provides the opportunity to subscribe to its Newsletter through an online form. GEF will not share or sell your contact information to third parties. There is a link to unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time, as per Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation.
Social Media Guidelines
The following guidelines refer to the GEF Facebook page and the GEF Twitter account. “Content” includes, but is not limited to, any photo, video, graphics, written or other information that is posted on the GEF Facebook and Twitter page.
1. GEF Seniors’ Housing reserves the right to:
• Remove any posted content at any time;
• Use its sole discretion in restricting or banning access to the GEF Facebook and Twitter page; and
• Change these guidelines at any time.
2. The following “Prohibited Content” shall not be posted:
• Information for which prior consent to post should have reasonably been obtained due to ownership, copyright, confidentiality, or other reasons, and was not obtained; or
• Information that contravenes privacy, copyright and any other laws; or
• Information that is inappropriate and/or offensive including, but not limited to, slurs, insults, obscenities, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning language.
If you are unsure as to whether any material you wish to post qualifies as Prohibited Content, or to report the posting of Prohibited Content, please contact GEF’s Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
GEF Seniors’ Housing welcomes your questions or concerns regarding these Privacy Policies. Enquiries can be directed to the Communications Department at email@example.com